What is a Home Page?
When you initially open up your Web browser, the very first page that you will see is called the “home” page. The home page is your jumping off point to the rest of the Web. You can specify absolutely any page on the Web as your browser homepage. Why not set it to the Occupy Portland websites and stay updated effortlessly!
How To Set Your Browser Start Page in Internet Explorer
- Go to the toolbar at the top of browser, and click on “Tools”, then “Internet Options”.
- At the top of the pop-up, you’ll see a “Home Page” box. Manually add the three addresses:
How to Set Your Browser Start Page in Safari
- Click on Safari on the top of your open browser window and select Preferences.
- Select General from the Preferences menu, which is now overlaying your browser window. Once General is selected, you will notice a section labeled Home Page in the main window of the Preferences dialog.
- Directly to the right of the “Home Page” label is an edit field containing your current home page URL. In the example below, Safari’s current home page is http://www.apple.com. To modify this address, simply erase the contents of the edit field and replace it with the desired web address.
- Once you have completed your changes, close the Safari Preferences dialog by clicking the red circle/x located in the top left hand corner of the box. There is no “save” button.
How to Set Your Browser Start Page in Firefox
- At the top of your browser window, you’ll see the Firefox tool bar (this includes the words “File”, “Edit”, etc.). Click on Tools, then Options.
- The popup window will open up with the default option of General. At the top of the window, you’ll see “Home Page Locations.”
- You can simply place a | line to divide the different addresses. Create a | by pressing the “shift” key and “\” (backspace). (copy and paste the text below)
How to Set Your Home Page in Opera
- While in Opera, click on Tools, then click on Preferences.
- Find the General tab and click on it.
- Find the section marked “Home Page”.
- Replace the existing URL with one you’d like to see every time you open Opera, or click “Current” to choose the website you’re on right now.
How to Change Your Google Chrome Home Page
- On the Google Chrome browser toolbar, click the icon that looks like a wrench.
- Click on “Options”.
- Select “Basics”.
- Here, you have several options for your home page. You can set your home page with any website you prefer, you can add the “Home” button to your Chrome browser toolbar so you can access that page at any time, and you can also select if you want your home page to be the page that automatically starts up when you initially open Google Chrome.
And that’s it, folks. Once you do this simple bit of housekeeping, every single time you start up your browser you will be keeping up with Occupy Portland. Tell your friends.